Who doesn't like potatoes! Both kids and adults equally like this vegetable. In Indian cooking potatoes are used in main-course, side-dish, curries and gravies. It is such a versatile vegetable.
Today I'm sharing a quick and simple potato roast recipe. This recipe is made in Indian style with simple ingredients which are easily available at home. It is quick and easy to prepare. Boiled potatoes are roasted in Indian spices till a crispy and crunchy layer is formed.
This recipe is sightly spicy, so you can reduce the spices as per your preference. Serve it with steaming hot rice along with sambar, dal, rasam and curd.
I have used baby potatoes in this recipe. You can use normal potatoes, dice them and follow the same method.
- 1/4 kg Baby Potatoes
- Oil 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp Chilly powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Ginger Garlic paste ( optional )
- 1 1/2 tbsp Bengal gram flour / Besan flour/ kadalai maavu
- few Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
1. Boil the potatoes with enough water till it 3/4 th done. Drain water, cool, peel the potatoes.
2. In a large bowl mix together salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, ginger garlic paste, gram flour and curry leavs. Add the baby potatoes to the spice mixture and toss them so that the spice powder coats the potatoes well and keep aside for 5 Min's.
3. Meanwhile heat oil in a frying pan, when hot add the potatoes to it and sauté for 10 mins on alow flame.
More Potato recipes :