Recently i won the giveaway at Raven's Cook Eat Delicious for my Pumpkin and Chocolate Chip Cookies. I won a cookbook called " Pumpkin - A Super Food for all the 12 Months of the Year " by DeeDee Stovel. The book has pumpkin recipes for starters, soups, salads, maincourse, bread, pies, cakes, cookies and desserts. Very nice book with lots of recipes with fresh and canned pumpkin. I made the roasted carrot and pumpkin soup. The soup was tasty and good, loved it. Here is the recipe.
- 300 gmsFresh unpeeled Pumpkin, deseeded, cut into large chunks
- 150 gms Carrot, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tbsp unsalted Butter
- 4 Minced shallots
- 1/4 tbsp minced Ginger
- 2 cups of Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- pinch of ground Cloves (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 200 Degree Celcius.
- Toss the pumpkin, carrots and oil together in a large tray. Bake for about 45 Min's or until the carrots and pumpkin are tender. Remove from the oven. When cool peel the pumpkin and cut into chunks. Mash the carrots and pumpkin together.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan, add shallots and cook for 2 to 3 Min's over medium heat, until wilted and beginning to brown.
- Add Ginger and Cloves while stirring. Add the stock/broth and stir well
- Add the carrots and pumpkin to the pan and mix well. Transfer to the blender in batches and puree it or else use a hand blender to puree.
- Return to the saucepan and season with pepper to taste. Simmer the soup, covered for about 15 Min's.
- Serve with fried pumpkin seeds and croutons.